Friday, September 3rd
Ice Breaker/Check-in/Number pick-up for the Fat Tire bike race, the Garmisch Challenge running race, and the Brewery of the Month bike ride and beer tasting. Come mingle and catch up with friends and have some refreshments. You can inspect the course by bike, (with helmet). 1600-2000
Saturday September 4th
25th Fat Tire Spectacular Mt. Bike Race
Five laps around a 5 kilometer loop of roots, gravel, shrubbery and mud. It’s 1/3 uphill, 1/3 downhill and 1/3 technical, single track.
Fees: $20 or$35 with T-Shirt, $5 child, $20 w/shirt
- 08:00 – Late Registration
- 09:45 - Bambino – under 10 modified course
- 10:00 – Bantam 10-12, Juniors 13-15 2 modified laps
- 11:00 - Senior – 16-17, 3 laps.
- 11:00 – Ladies & Men Military & Civilian 5 laps
- 12:30 – Trials Contest, MTB ‘Tractor Pull’, Hill Climb, Huffy Toss etc. Sign-ups on the spot.
- 14:00 - Awards
- 25th anniversary Party afterwards!
Sunday September 5th
Garmisch Challenge Cross Country Run
It’s five kilometers of challenging Cross Country terrain. Two, 2.5k laps, total elevation 251m over rolling terrain with steep descents and ascents. Runners are encouraged to check the course prior the event. Awards for best overall Male and Female, with your name engraved on a Cup, displayed in Muller Fitness Center.
Fees: $15 including T-shirt.
- 09:00 - Registration/check-in/number pick-up
- 09:45 - Briefing for runners
- 10:00 - Start
- Awards – Immediately after the run
Brewery of the Month Club Ride to the Griesbräu Brewery
We’re offering a guided bike ride to the beautiful town of Murnau, home to the famous painter Wassily Kandisky and an awesome Brew-Pub. The ride includes ‘sag wagon’ support; you ride there, and we drive you and your bike back. The trip also includes a beer tasting, all for $39.
Meet at the Burke Community Center at 1400 hrs. on Sunday.
To get involved:
- You can sign up in person or call us in Garmisch at:
- The Burke Community Center, DSN 440-2638, CIV 08821-750-2638
- The Muller Fitness Center, DSN 440-2747 CIV +49 8821-750-2747
- Fax: DSN 440-2556 or CIV 08821-750-2556
- Kean’s Lodge Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday morning.
Maps to the Kean’s Lodge and race courses: