Good new stuff:
General State Information
General Northern California Information
General Southern California Information
- Bay Area Rides is a great looking new site that covers the entire bay with good detail.
East Bay Area
North Bay Area
Lake Tahoe/Downieville/Nevada County/Sacramento/Central Sierras
- El Dorado National Forest (California) - This site covers the areas to the south and west of Lake Tahoe. It covers basic information you'll need to know when you're planning a trip, but it's not as complete as the Tahoe site.
- Mountain Biking Nevada County - Nice list of trails with details and small maps.
- BONC (Bicyclists of Nevada County) MTB community with trailguide, advocacy, and more.
- Outside Inn a motel that caters to Mountain Bikers (Nevada City)
- Downieville Outfitters (530) 289-0155 Full service mountain bike shop. Rentals. Downhill shuttles. Guides. Much much more. Home of the #1 downhill in America!
- Tour of Nevada City Bike Shop (530) 265-2187 - For hardtail and full suspension bike rentals in Nevada City. Also, a full selection of bike sales including: VooDoo Cycles, Marin, Specialized, Schwinn and Bianchi.
- Lake Tahoe Area - Ogre Hut
World famous for beautiful sights, gambling, and the crystal clear lake, the Lake Tahoe Area is a chosen destination for many outdoor sports. There are many great Mountain Biking trails in the Tahoe Basin for all skill levels
- The Trail Page has descriptions of trails in Sacramento and Tahoe.
- Sports and Recreation - Folsom Bike Trails Folsom Recreation Bike Map With Plenty of bike trails to choose from Folsom has a path for all levels of riding. These are bike paths, not trails.
- Iron Horse.us GPS mountain bike trail guide with Sacramento and Tahoe GPS trail routes and a world directory of MTB sites with GPS data and a review of GPS cartography software.
- Lake Tahoe Mountain Biking Guide
- Fish's Mountain Bike Trails
- Folsom-Auburn Trail Riders
- Folsom Lake/ Auburn Area - Ogre Hut
Centered around the Folsom Lake and Auburn the Central Sierra Nevada area has miles premium singletrack only a few miles east of Sacramento.
- North Sierra Nevada - Ogre Hut
Downieville, Bullards Bar, South Yuba Trail, and many, many miles of less know but excellent singletrack in the Downieville/ Nevada City Area.
- Downieville, California is one of the few areas cool enough to make GORP's list of Meccas Beyond Moab
- Downieville Outfitters - Downieville
- Mountain and River Adventures - Kernville
- The Flume Trail - Lake Tahoe
- Yuba Expeditions - Downieville
- The Big Boulder Trail in Downieville, California is on IMBA's list of epic trails
- South Yuba in Nevada City, California is on IMBA's list of epic trails
Los Angeles/Orange County/Santa Barbara
“The Bicycle Kitchen is a cooperatively-run bicycle Culture and repair space dedicated to improving the lives of Angelinos through environmental justice, cultural awareness, community and youth outreach using the bicycle as it's tool. We offer what no other bike shop can offer in the greater Los Angeles area: A safe space for cyclists from all walks of life to repair their bicycles, meet other cyclists, enrich their lives through bicycle awareness and find new outlets for bicycle culture.”
Santa Cruz/Monterey/Hollister/South Bay Area
Mountain Biking in Palo Alto Open Space Areas
Central Coast - Ogre Hut. The Morro Bay Area
The following links are not organized in any way:
Maps from trogspace.com:
Crandall OHV Map
Crandall and More
Turlock, Tahoe, Downieville, Santa Rosa, San Jose, and more
i should probably link to the whole page, and make individual links to the maps from the areas
Go here for a map...
...and see pg. 8 for the Lawndale Trail...says it's 2.9 miles but it
connects up with some other trails...we could make it as short or as
long as we want! (I have a printed copy for reference on the trail.)
Let me know what you guys think about how long we should hike, what
time we should stop, etc. or else we can decide
Choppercabras 5th Annual Spring Thing! Information page
When: May 27th @ Noon. Lagers, the fashionably late will miss out.
Where: Atomic Cycles 17322 Saticoy Van Nuys, CA 91406 (818) 609-0113
Cannell Plunge near Kernville, CA
San Louis Obispo